Sunday, January 18, 2009

A New Semester, A New Season.

My spring semester '09 officially starts on wednesday. Wow, already?

After my dismal fall semester, I'm really looking forward to a fresh start. I'm taking less classes, budgeting more time to train and have a social life, and generally be less stressed out. I can't wait.

In other news:
For those that don't know, I've been dogged by lower back issues for the last two years. It makes riding aggressively incredibly painful. Completely sick of it all, I decided that I would finally go see a sports medicine doctor about it. I now have a referral to a physical therapist a few miles off campus.

The awesome part?
Well, she's a triathlete and a few of the staff are cyclists and know what they're doing and talking about when it comes to athletes (or so the doc says). To me, that's really reassuring. Lets see how it works out.

As far as training goes:
Did a 20min interval at 90% FTP. My first one since my back issues flared up again in December. It felt incredibly satisfying.

6 weeks till the race season starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment